- Tuesday 13th Nov 2018
- Posted in Uncategorised
We’ve ditched the pumpkins and put away those Halloween costumes for another year, welcoming November with open arms. November can be a funny month – the weather is often the reason we pull the covers back over our heads in the morning, and long for the summer months to return.
However it’s not all bad, November signals that Christmas is just a few weeks away – giving you and your family something to look forward to!
In need of a cosy, relaxing Christmas break to look forward to or simply looking for somewhere to get away from it all for some quality family time? We’ll have something to suit your needs…
Killin is small a village situated at the head of Loch Tay, near Stirling. The picturesque village is surrounded by the well-known Falls of Dochart – a fantastic sight not to be missed during your visit!
Some of our other recommendations to see and do include
- Ben Lawers National Nature Reserve – If you and the family are into hill walking and amazing scenery, then this is the place for you. Ben Lawers offers stunning views, even throughout the winter, with plenty of photo opportunities to go along with them!
- Ben Lawers Dam – Whilst exploring, make your way over the pedestrian only footpath and explore.
- Finlarig Castle – History enthusiasts should be sure to visit this late 17th-century castle that stands on a mound between River Lochay and Loch Tay.
- Loch Tay – For those who love hillwalking, take a trip to Loch Tay and enjoy spectacular views from the hills.
Explore more things to do in the Stirlingshire area here.
Not only are there exciting things to do in Killin, there are also lovely places to put your feet up and rest your head as well! Fern Cottage is the perfect cottage for doing just that – relax while enjoying a dram or glass of prosecco by the log burning stove – the perfect accompaniment to keep you toasty at this time of year!
If you’re a home bird and don’t fancy venturing out in the cold too often, then Pinesmoke cottage is exactly where you want to be as you can enjoy amazing views over River Lochay from the comfort of your own cottage! The property is also pet-friendly and has a spacious garden for your dog to run and play.
Planning a getaway with your friends or all of the family? Tyandrish is the ideal place to accommodate everyone as it offers everything you could possibly need under one roof! The house sleeps up to 9 people and also comes equipped with a large hot tub where you can relax with a glass of wine while gazing at the great views of Ben Lawers. To keep everyone entertained, the house also has a games room with table tennis or it can be used as a cinema room with the 10ft 3D projector and surround sound speakers available.
Edinburgh is an incredible city to visit, especially during the festivities in the run up to Christmas, as they really go all out to celebrate with their incredible Christmas lights and markets.
Things to do and see on your visit:
- Princes Street Markets – You simply cannot miss out on exploring the European Christmas Markets during a trip to the capital! Browse the stalls, eat amazing food and even try your hand, or feet should we say, at ice skating.
- Edinburgh Castle – Is any trip to Edinburgh complete without even a quick trip up to the castle to take a photo? Even venture inside and learn all about the rich history of one of Scotland’s most iconic attractions!
- Arthur’s Seat – A great one for the avid walkers out there! Even if you’re not an advanced hill walker, Arthur’s Seat shouldn’t be too much of a struggle and will definitely be worth it for the winter views at the top.
Have we convinced you to visit this winter? You’re in luck – let us introduce you to some great properties. Marchmont Self Catering – Gladstone Apartment is in a great, central location to visit all of the main shopping streets as well as the Christmas markets. Only a 5 – 10 minute walk away from the Royal Mile, therefore might be need for a return visit to fit everything in.
Gladstone Apartment is a spacious property with 2 large double bedrooms that makes a great space for a family or group of friends to stay in. If you’re planning a trip to Edinburgh this festive season – do not overlook this fantastic apartment!
If you like the best of both worlds with being able to explore the bustling city whilst staying somewhere with some peace and quiet, then Burnbrae Cottage can provide just that. Situated just outside of Kelso, a 1 hour drive from Edinburgh, Burnbrae Holiday cottages offer stunning accommodation, perfect for couples. After a day exploring the city, arrive home and heat up in front of the toasty log burner. What could be more perfect?