Things to Do in the Scottish Borders
Discover the many attractions in the Scottish Borders:
- Visit Traquair House which dates back to 1107, and was originally a hunting lodge for the kings and queens of Scotland.
- Make the most of fishing on the River Tweed by going with Tweed Guide, who offer day and half-day packages for beginner to expert.
- Roxburghe Championship Golf Course, one of 21 golf courses in this area
- Play one of the many Border Golf Courses
- 80 different art, craft, and design workshops and galleries of local artists and craftsmen
- Floors Castle
- Lochcarron – visitor centre, coffee shop and legendary mill tours
- Walk the Border Abbeys
- Children would enjoy the Jedforest Deer and Farm Park
- Bike the Borders
- Abbotsford – home of Sir Walter Scott
- Searching your family history in the Borders
- A day at the races!
- Borders Sport and Leisure Trust for activity centres right across the Borders!
- Dawyck – one of the worlds finest arboreta
- 7 Stanes – Scotland’s Biking Heaven
- Bowhill House & Country Estates
- Rock UK located at Whithaugh Park, Newcastelton – from abseiling to climbing to zip-wire, it’s all happening!
- Midlothian and Scottish Borders Sightseeing Pass
Whether you are looking for a relaxing or active holiday, the Scottish Borders offers the best of both worlds, enjoy it’s space and pace, book one of our members’ holiday cottages now!