100% Quality Assured Properties Throughout Scotland
With EmbraceScotland you only ever get Quality Assured holiday accommodation.
All the properties on this website are professionally run holiday homes which have been accepted by an official quality assurance scheme:
- UK Common Standard Quality Assurance (VisitScotland etc.)
- ASSC Committed To Quality
UK Common Standard Quality Assurance Schemes
The official tourist boards in the UK (VisitScotland, VisitWales and VistBritain) all run quality assurance schemes to a ‘common standard’ which award Stars and other quality marks to tourism businesses. In recent years, other bodies, such as the commercial agency Hoseasons, have also been able to make awards using this common standard.
One to Five Star Grading
Many holiday cottages with EmbraceScotland carry a Star Grading awarded by VisitScotland, formerly known as the Scottish Tourist Board. This scheme uses a scale of One to Five Stars to indicate the overall quality.
Green Tourism Awards
The Green Tourism Business Scheme has been devised to enable businesses to be recognised for taking their environmental responsibilities seriously.
ASSC Committed To Quality
ASSC Committed to Quality takes a different approach, reflecting the professionalism and integrity of the business owner. It is run and endorsed by the Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers, the official trade association for self-catering providers in Scotland.
Owners of Committed To Quality
Owners and operators of properties which have been awarded the ASSC CTQ must:
- Participate in an online review scheme, so that visitors can quickly and easily find out what previous guests have said about the accommodation.
- Demonstrate that they keep up to date with visitor expectations by engaging every year with tourism industry continuing professional training and development.
- Make a fresh declaration of their commitment every year.
For Committee Information – to be removed before going public
Hoseason’s Only QA Comment
This is tucked away on the FAQs page: