ASSC Committed to Quality
Properties of owners and operators who have signed up to the ASSC Committed to Quality scheme are identified in search results with a green logo (circled below)
In order to achieve the CTQ status, members must comply with all of the following:
1. Participate in a recognised online review system providing independent guest feedback. A link to these reviews is often provided in the search result box (2, above).
- Review sites must be independent and reviews must be submitted directly by guests.
- Reviews must be publicly available and either linked to or embedded in the member’s EmbraceScotland property page. Examples of review sites include TripAdvisor.com, UpFrontReviews.com, Feefo.com. Similar sites can be proposed at any time and are likely to be accepted if they meet the above criteria.
- All properties that are promoted via any EmbraceScotland marketing channel should be available for listing on the chosen review site(s)
- Properties must have at least 3 reviews placed in the previous 12 months
2. A commitment to engage in continuing professional development (CPD) and stay up-to-date with visitor trends by demonstrating participation in some or all of the following:
- Attending local, national or online tourism events, such as the ASSC Annual Conference.
- Undertaking relevant training
- Participating or networking with relevant local or national groups, For example local tourism groups, Chambers of Commerce
- Maintaining a log of CPD and being able to demonstrate at least 4 hours of such activities per year.
3. Members are required to sign an annual declaration confirming their Commitment to Quality.
- The annual declaration will require members to provide details of the review sites that they participate in as well as the CPD they have undertaken in the past 12 months
The ASSC is responsible for awarding and verifying CTQ status and ensures annual declarations are received prior to renewal of membership. It will carry out a programme to audit a randomised selection of members every year, including:
- Checks to ensure that reviews are current and available for all properties
- CPD submitted is valid and relevant to the sector
If a member is found not to have qualified, either at the time of the annual declaration or at any other time during the year, then they will have their CTQ status suspended or withdrawn and their properties will be suspended or removed from EmbraceScotland marketing.