Ruaraidh is one of the foodie experts. Ror’s Kitchen caters for events and dinner parties, and is also in the process of launching a ‘Scottish Culinary Tours’ service.
Interesting Facts About Us
- Ruaraidh used to work full time as a chef in restaurants. He now splits his time digital marketing (ticktockmedia.co.uk), and cooking with Ror’s Kitchen. It’s a great mix!
- Ruaraidh learnt much of his cooking from his mother, Hilary.
- Ruaraidh can’t bake. (Yet).
- Ruaraidh hopes to one day start a highly sustainable small-hold restaurant, where everything cooked in the restaurant will be grown on-site.
- Ruaraidh’s main influence in cooking is Neil Forbes of Café St Honoré, Edinburgh.
- Ruaraidh only really cooks well when he’s cooking for other people. If I’m on my own, it’s beans on toast!
- I don’t think I have a favourite food. It’s too difficult!
- The best thing I think I ever cooked was either smoked salmon made from scratch, or duck with a mango, tarragon and shallot sauce.
- I spend a very disproportionate amount of my income on food.
- It was wine tasting that lead me to appreciate food and think about taste in a more analytical manner.