Things to Do in Scottish Highlands & Skye
Loved by Locals
Iconic West Coast silvery sands, machair and stunning views await you at the isolated beach of Smirisary. A lovely walk from Glenuig through the romantic crofting village of Smirisary along a remote coastal path onto a lovely beach with fine views of The Small Isles. A great place for a picnic.
The Perth Sculpture Trail
The Perth Sculpture Trail is a lovely walk in the centre of Perth which takes you through parkland and along the riverside, highlighting the city's beautiful architecture and contemporary art. You also pass both the Fergusson Gallery and Perth Art Gallery & Museum which you can visit for free.
The Silver Walk from Castle Tioram
The real secret of Castle Tioram is that it is the start of several stunning walks including the Silver Walk heading along the coast towards Ardmolich. Another lovely circular walk passes by the deserted village of Briaig, two hill lochans and back by The River Shiel. Look out for otters and eagles.
Step back in time
A walk along Newtonmore Main Street will lead you to the award winning Highland Folk Museum. A superb set of buildings and welcoming guides will tell you all about life in the Highlands. Fantastic way to spend some time (don't miss the great café)
Cuairt Cromor walk ( beside the cottage)
A challenging short circular walk at the back of Cromore starting beside Ceol na Mara cottage. You can make the walk as hard or easy and long or short as you wish because it's circular. Enjoy breath-taking views, the wildlife and bird life and being at one with nature. This is a registered walk.
- Clickable Regional Map for ASVA Attractions (Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions)
- Glenfinnan Monument
- Castle Tioram
- Fort Augustus and the Caledonian Canal
- Hugh Miller’s Cottage, Cromarty
- Dolphin and Seal Centre North Kessock
- Glen Ord Distillery Visitor Centre, Muir of Ord
- Culloden Battle Field and new Visitors Centre near Inverness
- Hunt for Nessie at Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness
- Ferry ride to one of the many Isles such as Rum, Eigg, Muck, and Skye
- Dunvegan Castle on Isle of Skye
- Clan Donald Skye
- Falls of Shin, Waterfalls and Visitor Centre, Lairg
- Historic Links Museum, Dornoch
- Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve
- Wick Heritage Museum, Wick
- Gairloch Heritage Museum
- Marine Life Centre and Cruises, Gairloch
- Perfume Studio, Aultbea
- Ullapool Museum and Visitor Centre
- Garden of the Future, Achiltibuie
- Inverewe Gardens, Poolewe, Torridon Countryside Centre
- Inverpolly Nature Reserve and Knockan Visitor Centre, nr Ullapool
- Mains of Taymouth Riding Stables
- Kenmore Golf Course
Come and discover the moody and majestic mountains of the Highlands and Skye by choosing one of our members’ self-catering cottages now !